FOUNDER Nick Banyard combines in-depth knowledge and understanding of sales, management and leadership with hands-on experience that makes him stand out from the crowd. He is adaptable, flexible and believes ‘process and people’ as a seamless combination achieves results.
His ‘gold standard’ service is based on an extensive career in the sales arena at manager, executive and country level with a sustained record of success in the business-to-consumer market. An open and supportive management style has brought him and his people recognition both in the UK and Ireland, a market that is enjoying a resurgence into which he has a unique insight.
An expert in managing self-employed sales personnel, Nick is an influential, empathetic and motivational leader with strategic, commercial and operational experience. These qualities inform every aspect of his advisory and consultancy work, providing that extra edge to any business model.
He knows what it’s like at the sharp end and is able to balance the desire for job satisfaction and personal fulfilment with the need to meet growth and business objectives, through improved performance and profits.
Nick is a Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management and an accredited Clarity 4D practitioner and business partner.
Career highlights include:
Sales Director UK and Ireland with responsibility for a sales force of 7,000 employed and self-employed personnel, a field sales budget of £2.6m and net sales target of £50m+
- Pioneered the introduction of standardised training to facilitate best practice including new Sales Leadership programme to help manage self-employed agents, e-learning and head office training
- Increased new business first orders by 25% in 2008 vs 2007, increased distributor count by 13% and sales increase of 11%
- Delivered a further sales increase of 13% in 2009 over prior year
- Increased first orders by 23% over prior year and distributor count by 19%
Country Manager Republic of Ireland with responsibility for introducing a new sales model and major re-structure of the sales organisation
- Between 2005 – 2007 achieved significant growth in distributors (33%), orders (35%) and sales (39%)
- Increased sales turnover from €15.5m to €21.5m within a budget of €4.2m
- Received a European ‘Vision Award’ in recognition of the above and for the market’s contribution to a global charity CSR programme
- Recognised in 2006 with an award from the Direct Selling Association of Ireland as the ‘Most Inspirational Direct Selling Company’
‘I have no hesitation in recommending the services of Nick Banyard to any individual or organisation looking to create and sustain a winning culture.’Damian Hughes, Professor of Organisational Psychology and Change